Mann Consultant Services is expanding our business to cover OSHA Training:
Mann Consultant Services Inc. in a constant effort to offer our clients the most comprehensive compliance training and support is now offering OSHA compliant training and services. OSHA regulation compliance is required by all industries including the transportation and warehouse industries: the OSHA Act of 1970 Section 5 (a) states:
- Each employer
- Shall furnish to each of his employees employment and a place of employment which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm to his employees.
- Shall comply with occupational safety and health standards promulgated under this Act.
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to this Act which are applicable to his own actions and conduct.
In order to assist your business not only to comply with FMCSA/DOT regulation we now are offering OSHA Regulation compliance services to include safe work policy development, employee training and certifications, as well as OSHA audit mitigation. Mann Consulting can help you to comply with these standards and get programs and training in place to keep you and your employee’s safe and in compliance with OSHA.
Consider that OSHA cites employers for hazards. If you have warehouses, terminals, or maintenance facilities you’re going to have hazards. Warehouses have material storage and handling hazards, including forklift operations and racking and stacking of freight. Terminals have the many of the same issues, but also include loading dock hazards and ergonomic issues.
Vehicle maintenance facilities have numerous hazards. Welding and cutting of metal, working with hazardous chemicals, entering tanks, servicing wheels, using power tools, are all part of the job. One hazard area that is often overlooked is entering confined spaces. Typically, any type of tanker truck is considered a confined space, so if you have employees entering these you have to follow the confined space regulations at 1910.146.
If you have 11 employees counting yourself, your procedures must be in written form and employees must be trained in your procedures. You must provide training to each new employee prior to allowing them to start work. You must also retain training documentation that each employee has received the training and understood the materials and the procedures. Mann Consulting can assist you with writing your procedures, training employees, and documenting your training in a manner that is compliant with OSHA regulations.
The following is a listing of OSHA required programs for employers:
- Emergency Action Plans (Facilities) (1910.38) (Written Plan Required)
- Powered industrial trucks (1910.178) (Written Plan Required)
- Hazardous Communications (1910.1200) (Written Plan Required)
- Wiring methods, components, and equipment for general use (1910.305)
- Portable fire extinguishers (1910.157)
- General requirements (Personal protective equipment) (1910.132) (Written Plan Required)
- Guarding floor and wall openings and holes (1910.23)
- Walking Working Surfaces (1910.22)
- General (Electrical) (1910.303)
The control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout) (1910.147) (Written Plan Required)
Confined Spaces (1910.146) (Written Plan Required)
Each employer must also maintain an OSHA 300 Log of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses, the 300A Summary of Work Related Injuries and Illnesses, and the 301 Injury and Illness Incident Report. All these forms must be completed and retained for 5 years and be produced to OSHA in the event of an inspection. At Mann Consulting we can train you and your staff on what OSHA regulations require that you maintain to stay compliant in regards to investigation and documentation of all worker injuries and illnesses.
If you already have a safety program in place Mann Consulting can provide auditing of your current plan for any deficiencies and will make recommendations to assure that your compliance is line with OSHA regulations. We can also provide safety inspections and create reports of current non-compliance issues and conditions within your facilities. We can also assist you with the mitigation of OSHA cited issues to bring you into compliance.
Mann Consultant Services will provide you with a safety program that will keep you operating safely and ongoing support to maintain a safe workplace for you and your employees.